Friday 22 April 2011

OMG IT'S FUCKING EASTER...!

So this is going to be quick, pay attention please.

It may get confusing, I am very tired and have been working like a third world sweatshop worker for two days, I need sleep.

It's that time of year again, that's right retards it's EASTER.

Easter sux for me, it really does, don't get me wrong I love the concept of the Easter Bunny and chocolate eggs are amazing. What else do people eat at Easter, specifically on Good Friday? F-I-S-H, FISH! I work in a fish shop. Do you work in a fish shop? I didn't think so, but that's not the point, the point is that when Easter rolls it's ugly head around the corner my feet and back start to ache.

My head,
shoulders,
knees and toes,
knees and toes,
knees and toes.

Remember that rhyme from kindergarten? lol


I and a workmate of mine, had to flour and help cook an obscene amount of fish. Just how much?
Is Alexi just being an exaggerative cunt?
well no, I'm not. (keep in mind, we're a local "High St" Fish and Chip Shop. In quite a smallish suburb).
almost 1000 fillets of fish
80kg of scallops (shellfish)
same of Prawns, Fish-bites (mini fillets) and fresh Calamari rings. But it doesn't stop there, oh no sir-ree, no it doesn't. My main job is to cook all the grilled and non-fish meals, I still had to do that too.

I'm tired of complaining, I'm not really complaining though, so if you're my boss or a friend of my boss or a co-worker, family member, third party associate..... You get the picture. I'm not complaining! I like my job and the people I work with. I just like to vent my inner psyche on-line as I've recently discovered it to be quite cathartic.

Hospitality ruined Christmas in 2003, New Years Eve in 2008 and now this very year, 2011 marks the birth of the day, that Hospitality ruined Easter for the Alexisaurus Rex.

If you paid strict attention, I wouldn't point this out, but since I'm not in front of you and can't quite gauge your thought's, I'll make obvious the underlying point of my irrational rant.
In 2003 I had to work a 12 hour shift in a kitchen on Xmas Eve/morning. 2008 was the year I had to work in the deli on NYE until exactly 12AM. 2011, Easter Friday, Saturday and Sunday were and still will be spent in a commercial kitchen. :( End point: My career choice has really backfired in a big way, and as long as I stay in hospitality Xmas, Easter, NYE and any other little public holiday will be ruined by the Hospitality Monster and his band of Inconvenient OHS officers/thugs.

Peace out peeps,
preach ACCEPTANCE not TOLERANCE.

Alexi, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment